Price/availability/specifications subject to change without notice. Unless otherwise indicated, our catalog and customized products are for research use only and not intended for human or animal diagnostic or therapeutic use.
Or leave a message with a formal purchase order (PO) Or credit card.
Ultra GelRed (10000×)
Ultra GelRed is a novel fluorescent dye for nucleic acid gel staining with high sensitivity, low toxicity, and robust thermal stability, which makes it a perfect substitute for ethidium bromide (EB).
• Non-toxic: Ultra GelRed has macromolecular characteristics so that it cannot penetrate cell membranes into the cells.
• High sensitivity: suitable for electrophoresis staining of various sizes and is highly sensitive for low concentrations and trace DNA.
• High stability: suitable for the agarose gel prepared by microwave or other heating methods.
• High SNR: strong sample fluorescence signal and low background signal.
• Simple operation: Ultra GelRed remains stable during the process of gel casting and electrophoresis. After electrophoresis, the staining process takes only 30 min and the results can be directly observed with no need for decolorization or flushing.
• Wide range of application: Suitable for various staining methods, including staining before electrophoresis (gel staining) or post electrophoresis (soaking staining). Applicable to agarose gel and polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. Suitable for dsDNA, ssDNA, and RNA staining.
Ultra GelRed is a novel fluorescent dye for nucleic acid gel staining with high sensitivity, low toxicity, and robust thermal stability, which makes it a perfect substitute for ethidium bromide (EB). For DNA detection through agarose gel electrophoresis, Ultra GelRed shows a higher sensitivity for low concentrations and trace DNA, especially small molecular DNA. Under the ultraviolet light, the DNA exhibits red fluorescence. Ultra GelRed can be used for dsDNA, ssDNA, and RNA staining in agarose and polyacrylamide electrophoresis.