Price/availability/specifications subject to change without notice. Unless otherwise indicated, our catalog and customized products are for research use only and not intended for human or animal diagnostic or therapeutic use.
Or leave a message with a formal purchase order (PO) Or credit card.
Spin Column for DNA/RNA Tiniprep
Spin columns for small volume DNA elution, small amount DNA extraction and DNA concentration, small volume RNA elution, small amount RNA extraction and RNA concentration. Ask us for buffer recipe if you buy tini spin columns only.
MB0110-PC: Spin Column for DNA/RNA Tiniprep
The spin columns for small volume DNA elution, small amount DNA extraction and DNA concentration, small volume RNA elution, small amount RNA extraction and RNA concentration are the major component of a variety of micro DNA and RNA purification kits. The tini spin columns are designed to recover and concentrate small amount of DNA and RNA from laser capture microdissection (LCM), small number (10^1 - 10^5) of primary or cultured cells, saliva, single colony (E.coli), small tissue samples, or mouse tails. They can also be used for DNA clean-up and concentration from ChIP Assay, gel, PCR or enzyme reactions.
* The advanced design of the tini spin columns eliminates problems associated with dead volume and buffer retention, resulting in increased DNA/RNA recovery and purity, as well as minimizing the elution volume down to 5 ul. All the solutions used for tini spin columns only use 1/3 or 1/10 volume of each solution for mini spin columns.
* For clients' convenience, Syd Labs sells tini spin columns alone which are compatible to reagents in plasmid miniprep kits from most of other manufacturers, such as Qiagen and Sigma. Thus, clients do not have to waste reagents from plasmid miniprep kits.
* Low cost spin columns: $200 for 250 universal spin columns.
* Syd Labs provides the recipe of reagents for tini plasmid purification if you buy spin columns from us. Very simple to make the reagents. The shipping fee is much lower if you buy spin columns only rather than the whole DNA purification kits with heavy and bulky reagents. Save more to make your own buffer.
Applications of spin columns for small volume DNA elution, small amount DNA extraction and DNA concentration, small volume RNA elution, small amount RNA extraction and RNA concentration:
* Concentrator (down to the volume of 5 ul): Oligo (>17 bp), DNA, genomic DNA ( * ChIP DNA clean-up and concentration (fast and efficient with high recovery in just 10 minutes).
* RNA isolation from LCM (laser capture microdissection) samples.
* Preparation of nanogram to milligram amount of DNA or RNA from saliva, plasma, serum, whole blood, tissue samples (such as mouse tails), virus, bacterial, plants, and others sources.
* DNA and RNA nano-prep (10 ng to 20 ug) directly from single colony (>2 mm diameter) on plate after E.coli transformation without growing 2 ml overnight culture.
* DNA and RNA gel extraction.
* Cleaning up and concentrating DNA and RNA from PCR products, enzymatic reactions, labeling, and sequencing reactions.
* Micro RNA (small RNA) preparation and clean up.
Case study: plasmid tiniprep from a single E.coli colony
1) Pick a signle colony (about 2 mm) from a plate;
2) Resuspend the colony in 15 ul solution I;
3) Add 15 ul solution II and then 22.5 ul solution III;
4) Mix gently by tapping the tube with finger and then spin with 12,000 rpm for 5 min;
5) Load the supernatant to a tini spin column;
6) Spin and discard flow-through and then wash with 100 ul washing buffer;
7) Elute the DNA with 5-10 ul TE or H2O.
Other DNA and RNA Purification Spin Columns:
Spin column for plasmid miniprep
Spin column for plasmid maxiprep
Spin column for PCR product cleanup
Spin column for gel extraction