Price/availability/specifications subject to change without notice. Unless otherwise indicated, our catalog and customized products are for research use only and not intended for human or animal diagnostic or therapeutic use.
Or leave a message with a formal purchase order (PO) Or credit card.
Small Peptide Tag Protein Production Services
No DNAs using our recombinant protein expression vectors will be delivered.
Additional fees may apply for purification of proteins tagged by small peptide other than His.
Vector DNA construction includes gene synthesis if template DNA is not provided by client. Additional fees apply for gene synthesis over 600 bp.
Prices of BS075C to BS075H do not include DNA cloning and scale-up.
Small peptide tags (such as FLAG tag, His tag, HA tag, and myc tag) are often fused to the N- or C-terminal of proteins of interest or even inserted into the recombinant proteins to aid in detection and purification. In most cases, small peptide tags are located on the surface of fusion proteins because of their hydrophilic nature, enabling their accessibility to corresponding antibodies and to cleavage by enterokinase (EK). Because of their small size, in relatively few cases, small peptide tags obscure other epitopes, domains, or alter function, secretion, or transport of fusion proteins.
Syd Labs has extensive experience with making DNA constructs for small peptide tag (such as FLAG tag, His tag, HA tag, and myc tag) fusion protein production, expressing and purifying a number of small peptide tag fusion proteins from microgram to kilogram scales in bacterial, yeast, and mammalian cells. With improved DNA construction system and fully optimized expression and purification process, Syd Labs can efficiently complete a project from DNA construction, expression in E.coli and yeast and transient production in CHO and HEK 293 cells, to small peptide tag fusion protein purification.
1. DNA construction of proteins tagged by small peptides:
The gene of interest is synthesized or amplified by PCR from a template provided by the client and cloned into our proprietary high expression mammalian vectors. If gene synthesis is requested, free sequence optimization is performed to meet the client's goals such as recombinant small peptide-fusion protein expression at high and reliable levels.
2. Expression and purification of proteins tagged by small peptides:
* Transiently express the recombinant small peptide-fusion protein in pilot small-scale (100 ml) of CHO or HEK 293 cells, followed by custom small peptide affinity purification, to assess expression levels and protein yield;
* If requested, scale up transient expression to 0.25 - 20 liters to produce starting material at the milligram to gram scale;
* Purification is performed using a custom small peptide affinity purification process. Please request if multiple purification methods are required.
If you provide us the recombinant protein expression vector with your gene already cloned into, we perform small-scale pilot expression and protein purification in E.coli, yeast or CHO or 293 cells, allowing us to evaluate expression level and yield of the small peptide fusion protein of your interest.
Fast turnaround (BS075A):
* 1-2 weeks for codon optimization and synthesizing the gene of your interest.
* 1-2 weeks for molecular construction of recombinant small peptide fusion proteins using E.coli.